Sunday, February 22, 2009

Thank a Veteran

The other day I was in a neighboring jurisdiction where our court is located. I had just left the court house and was waiting at a red light. I have made it a habit to watch crossing traffic as their light cycles to red.

While stopped there minding my own "bidness", I see the arrow for the southbound left turn lane cycle to red as I see this old Dodge Dart clearly not at the limit line, run the red arrow. Even though I was not in my "official" jurisdiction, I was still in the State of California, so I made a traffic stop on the Dodge.

I walked up to the driver door as I see this elderly gent exit the car. Typically I would have ordered the driver back into his car. When he turned toward me, I noticed he was slightly bent over and was wearing a red ball cap which had USMC WWII VETERAN embroidered on it.

I told the driver why I had stopped him. He replied that he thought the light was yellow, but could have been wrong. He further stated that since I had stopped him, he must have run a red light. I changed the subject to what was embroidered on his cap. He was a veteran of the island hopping campaign across the Pacific and had fought in some of the bloodiest battles of the war such as Guadalcanal, and Iwo Jima.

So here this warrior hero stood before me. With his raspy voice and blue eyes, something told me he must of been one tough son-of-a-bitch in his hey day.

So I shook his hand and thanked him for the sacrifices he and his generation made to allow us to still speak English instead of Japanese or German. Especially the freedoms all of us still have, even those who bad mouth or Great Country and expect the government to provide for their lazy asses.

My whole hearted thanks is extended to Veterans of all services and all wars and conflicts our country has been involved in. To those soldiers, sailors, airmen and marines who are far away from home taking the fight to "their" country rather than ours, Thank You.

To the liberal, self serving, slanted media, fuck you and kiss my ass because you fucker's never report "all" that is going on over there, rarely if never the good, just the shit that'll cause all those unemployed, "where's my handout" lazy asses to stand on their soap boxes.

My cure for those pieces of amphibian whale shit is 12 guage wooden dowels, sting ball grenades, pepper spray, the good ol' baton and yes, "ride the lightning" taser.