Sunday, January 11, 2009

What Comes Around Goes Around And Around

One of my favorite duck ponds is right next to the police department.  The posted speed limit on this road is 30 mph and is normally heavily traveled by pedestrians during the day.

So there I sat parked on my iron horse in the shade enjoying the beautiful day looking for unwary motorists.  I see this Mercedez driving toward me passing all the other cars in the lane next to him.  And boy is he off like a prom dress!

So much for those pedestrians walking on the sidewalk, I guess he doesn't see anything unsafe about traveling 22 mph over the posted speed limit.

I lock his speed in at 52 mph and quickly pull him over to converse about his inability to properly interpret those black numbers on those white signs that are posted along the right side of the road.

I collect his driver license and registration and says he has current insurance but doesn't have his new insurance card with him.  What is it with the insurance cards?!  I own three vehicles and don't have any problem keeping all of the proper documents with them.  Listen people, if I can do it, anybody can.

This guy has the balls to tell me that he was only traveling with traffic at about 35 mph.  He couldn't even tell me what the posted speed limit was.  HELLO McFLY! YOU WEREN'T SPEEDING BUT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE POSTED SPEED LIMIT IS!  PUH-LEESE.

I always tell drivers before I walk away from their car that I will be writing them a ticket so there aren't any surprises.  This guy asks me "Can you forgive me?"  I tell him "Sure, you're forgiven.  I'll be as quick as I can, just remain seated in your car."

I come back with his ticket and now he's pissed off.  He begins to tell me that he has lived in this community for 15 years and volunteers for numerous things.  I told him if you've lived her for 15 years I'd imagine that you'd know what the posted speed limit on this road was.

He then says that he is a mortgage broker and as of lately has had a difficult time financially due to the housing market melt down.  So here I stand by the driver door of this beautiful Mercedez sedan that I could obviously never afford.

I bite my lip and tell him his signature is not an admission of guilt.  He then tries to argue that as a local resident he should be given some break.

I'm sure when the housing market was on it's way up and peaked, he was making bank.  I'm sure he doesn't feel sorry for those people whom he probably helped finance their homes through sub prime mortgage loans and now here he whines like a bitch because he's getting a ticket for speeding and no insurance card.

Clue; It's just a damned ticket, not the end of the world.

What I really wanted to say was;  

Everybody is going through tough times and there are people out there having tougher times.  If you can afford to drive a Mercedez sedan and dress in your nice Armani suit then you sure as hell can pay for a ticket.  And just in case you can't, then I'd sell the damn car and suit.  Oh and by the way, welcome to reality buddy, enjoy!  Happy New Year!"

I have the same opinion of Oil Companies that gouge us, CEO's that are way over paid, Companies that outsource their jobs putting Americans out of work, and this bail out mess for these financial institutions who won't be required to and probably couldn't account for their government handout, crooks.

The kicker to this story is I later stopped him the same day on the same section of road, speeding in the opposite direction......I only cited him for the speed this time.

It's all about karma.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you got the comment section up and running!

    Got to say, I love it when you get 'em twice in a day. I have yet to do that, but I'm waiting for the day. Actually....that gives me an idea for a post...

    ReplyDelete